- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday 2013 — Shopper Social Sentiment
- Target in big multichannel holiday push; rolling out in-store pickups
- Redeveloping Retail: America’s Top Redevelopers
Beaumont, Texas -- Conn's Inc. posted a better-than-expected a second-quarter profit of $11.6 million, compared with a loss of $3.1 million in the year-ago period. The company also raised its full-year profit forecast for the third time.
Conn’s said revenue rose 10.9% to $207.4 million. Same-store sales rose 21.5% for the quarter, fueled by a 57.5% rise in same-store sales of furniture and mattresses.
“Improvements in our retail operating performance continued into August, when we experienced growth in same store sales of 12% on top of a 6% increase last year,” stated Theodore M. Wright, chairman and CEO. “