- Real Estate – in New York and Beyond
- Tommy Bahama to open first NYC store in historic landmark building
- Counter-terrorism efforts well-worth consideration by retailers
- Report: U.S. centers gain in occupied space in Q4; asking rents average $38.92 per square foot
- Leadership survey: Walmart and McDonald's in, Zappos and Ikea out
Boston -- City Sports plans to relocate its store in Suburban Square, Ardmore, Pa., into the space previously occupied by Talbots. The new location, at 8,000 sq. ft., will accommodate upgrades planned for a refreshed and fully integrated shopping experience, including the brand's new women's concept.
Planned features of the new space include a specially curated concept designed specifically for female customers that includes apparel and fit consultants. Additional features include communal access to the citysports.com Bra Finder application, and a huge selection of training pants, yoga and pilates gear.
The store will include a freestanding footwear wall and specially trained staff to offer expert, activity-specific assistance for customers. Shoppers can also use in-store iPads to access information about products and wear-test headphones, as well as lockers for participants in City Sports' group activities, including its weekly Run Club and Boot Camp series.