- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Sport Chalet to be acquired by owner of Bob's Stores, EMS
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
Savannah, Ga. Citi Trends Inc. on Monday named David Alexander president and COO, effective immediately.
Alexander, 51, was previously a consultant at private-equity company APAX Partners, and before that he was chief executive of PCA, which operates photography studios at Wal-Mart stores. He was president and COO at Family Dollar Stores Inc. from 2003 to 2005.
George A. Bellino was the most recent person to have the title of president. He retired as president and CMO in April. The COO position is new.