- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Office Depot names former Toys 'R' Us exec as executive VP of retail
- Target replaces Canada head, promotes U.S. execs
- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
Savannah, Ga. -- Citi Trends said Thursday that its president and CEO David Alexander has resigned the company, effective immediately, and will be replaced by prior CEO Ed Anderson, who led the retailer from 2001 to 2009.
Anderson is currently the chairman of the board and will continue to serve in that capacity.
The company also announced that it has hired Jason Mazzola as executive VP and chief merchandising officer. He was previously chief merchandising officer for an internet flash sales company.