- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Redeveloping Retail: America’s Top Redevelopers
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Chico’s FAS enters Canada with White House Black Market
- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
Fort Myers, Fla. -- Chico's FAS said Wednesday that profit for the first quarter was $45.9 million, compared with $35.4 million in the year-ago period.
Net sales increased 11.5% to $537.2 million, from $481.6 million in last year's first quarter. Consolidated same-store sales rose 7.7%.
The operator of Chico’s, White House|Black Market and Soma Intimates said it anticipates opening 21 net new stores in the May-June 2011 time frame.