- Charming Shoppes to sell off Fashion Bug, add 125 Lane Bryant stores
- Charming Shoppes to close 240 stores
- Charming Shoppes selects Oracle Retail to drive cross-channel growth, improve inventory management
- Charming Shoppe’s Lane Bryant rolls out personalized search technology
- Ascena Retail to acquire Charming Shoppes for $890 million
Bensalem, Pa. -- Charming Shoppes reported a smaller loss for its third fiscal quarter on Wednesday, helped by lower operating expenses and competitive promotions that attracted customers. The chain posted a net loss of $18.8 million for the period ended Oct. 30, compared with a loss of $48.4 million, in the prior-year period.
Revenue increased 1% to $463.6 million from $460.2 million, with online sales up 40%. Same-store sales rose 3%.