- RadioShack appoints Dollar General exec as CFO
- Australia’s General Pants installs interactive kiosks with Epicor Retail
- Casey’s improves net income 24% in Q2; plans 70-105 new stores annually
- Advance Auto Parts to acquire rival General Parts for $2.04 billion
- SMS Assist names former Dollar General exec as VP, facilities
Ankeny, Iowa -- Casey’s General Stores announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire 24 Stop-n-Go locations. Twenty of the stores are located in North Dakota and four are located in Minnesota.
“We are excited about the opportunity to acquire the Stop-n-Go chain as they are a well-managed and established group of stores in a relatively new market area for Casey’s,” said Robert Myers, president and CEO. “This acquisition will be accretive to earnings in the first year of operation and will provide future earnings enhancements as we realize operating efficiencies and integrate our prepared food operations.”
Myers continued, “We hope this acquisition serves as a springboard for more Casey’s locations in the area as we continue to look for opportunities to build and buy stores in the upper Midwest.”
The transaction is expected to close in May 2014, and will be funded by a combination of existing cash and operating cash flow.