- Carrefour to purchase 127 European shopping malls
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
New York -- Carrefour SA reported that its revenue edged up in its third quarter, driven by strong sales in its convenience stores and markets in Asia and Latin America.
The company said Thursday that sales rose 2.1% to €22.6 billion ($29 billion) in the July to September quarter.
Recessions in Spain and Italy impacted Carrefour’s revenue in Europe, where sales were down 2.2%. Sales in Asia and Latin America increased, however, rising 12.3% and 5.2% respectively.