- Supervalu Q4 profit beats Street, will remodel 55 to 75 units in 2011
- Report: SuperValu to open 160 Save-A-Lot stores in 2011
- SuperValu returns to profit in Q2; on track to open 80 to 90 Save-A-Lot stores
- Save-A-Lot to open five Chicagoland stores
- Supervalu posts loss for Q3, lowers full-year outlook
Minneapolis -- Caribou Coffee Co. announced it will be expanding its retail and commercial footprint in the Chicagoland area by teaming up with supermarket operator Jewel-Osco, which is part of the Supervalu company.
Caribou Coffee opened its first retail location within Jewel-Osco's Barrington store last week, with plans to introduce two additional coffeehouses in the grocery's Hoffman Estates and Countryside locations in the near future, as well as five additional coffeehouses within Jewel-Osco in 2013.
Under the terms of the deal, Caribou will not only offer its signature coffeehouse environment in Jewel-Osco stores, and will also introduce its premium packaged coffee throughout the grocery chain.