- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
Mississauga, Ontario -- Canadian discount store chain The Bargain! Shop said Monday that it will acquire 10 retail locations from Hudson's Bay Co.’s closing Fields banner, effective Aug. 1.
The acquisitions will grow The Bargain! Shop to 237 stores.
"As part of our plan to further grow our organization, this is a great opportunity for us to expand our footprint across Canada," said Lloyd Davis, president of The Bargain! Shop.
The 10 stores, located throughout Canada, will open this fall under The Bargain! Shop banner. A Biggar, Saskatchewan store will be a relocation of the existing The Bargain! Shop store in the town of Biggar. All other locations will be new The Bargain! Shop stores for each of these markets.
The Bargain! Shop originated as the Canadian arm of Woolworth's discount store chain and became independent in 1999. It has carved out its niche by operating a value and convenience format mainly in rural and smaller communities.