- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- 5 Reasons Retailers Can't Miss Customer Disruption 2014
- Junction Solutions to implement Microsoft Dynamics at auto parts retailer Eckler
Chattanooga, Tenn. — CBL & Associates Properties, Inc has announced that Burlington Coat Factory will locate its first and only store in Chattanooga at Northgate Mall. The new 63,000-sq.-ft store will stand between Sears and J.C. Penney. Shoppers will enter from the mall and from outside from the east parking lot.
Several stores will relocate to accommodate the redevelopment. Plans call for construction to begin in January with the grand opening scheduled for October 2014.
CBL is also carrying out a multi-million dollar renovation of the mall. The renovation will enhance the main entrance and re-pave portions of the parking lot. Inside the mall, the remodeling work will add new soft seating areas and new flooring along with ceiling and lighting upgrades. The renovation should finish up this fall.
A new Old Navy store going up next to the southwest mall entrance plans to open in January 2014.
In addition, the redevelopment of the mall’s associated shopping center located across the parking field is nearing completion. T.J.Maxx received a new façade. Michaels celebrated its grand opening in early September. Ross Dress for Less has planned its grand opening for the fall.