- Walgreens Q2 sales rise 5.2%
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- NRF forecasts 4.1% rise in retail sales for 2014; online to grow 9% to 12%
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
Burlington, N.J. Burlington Coat Factory said net sales decreased 3.9%, or $38.2 million, to $946.6 million for the second quarter ended Dec. 1, 2007. Same-store sales decreased 8.0%.
The decrease in same-store sales is primarily attributed to unseasonably warm weather in September and October and weakened consumer demand during the period.
The company also reported a net income of $23.2 million compared with $11.7 million during the same period of the previous year. The increase in net income is primarily attributable to improved markup on new purchases and decreases in depreciation expense, selling and administrative expense and interest expense.