- Build-A-Bear swings to Q4 profit; narrows full-year loss
- Build-A-Bear Workshop names Coke exec new chief marketing officer
- Build-A-Bear Workshop reports lower preliminary revenues for FY, Q4 2013
- Build-A-Bear shrinks Q3 net loss; sets 10 to 25 store closings
- Build-A-Bear Workshop to open its first in-store shop, in FAO Schwarz
St. Louis -- Build-A-Bear Workshop lost $2.3 million in the first quarter, compared with a profit of $1.7 million in the prior-year period.
The retailer reported revenue of $96 million for the 13 weeks ended April 2, down 5% from $101.4 million a year earlier. Same-store sales were down 9%.
The company said the quarter’s results were adversely impacted by the shift of the Easter holiday and associated school vacations, which moved into the second quarter this year.