- Shoe Carnival earnings drop on income tax expenses; plans 23–28 stores
- Abercrombie sales slide 5.8%; dropping logo from clothes
- Brown Shoe swings to profit in Q1
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Juicy Couture to close existing U.S. locations; open new store format in 2015
St. Louis -- Brown Shoe Co., parent of Famous Footwear and Naturalizer shoe stores, said Tuesday that its fiscal third-quarter profit rose to $18.6 million from $16.3 million, topping analysts estimates.
Sales in the quarter ended Oct. 30 rose 14.5% to $716.1 million, from $625.6 million.