- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
- Power Brokers: 15 Real Estate Heavyweights
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Roger Farah to retire from Ralph Lauren
- Brookstone preparing to file bankruptcy; eyes acquisition by Spencer’s
Merrimack, N.H. -- Brookstone announced that Jackson Tai, chairman of the board, will also serve as interim president in the wake of the resignation of Ron Boire, the chain’s president and CEO. The company will undertake a search for a permanent successor for Boire, who resigned from Brookstone, effective Jan. 3, to join Sears Holdings Corp. as its new executive VP, chief merchandising officer and president, Sears and Kmart Formats.
Brookstone also announced that James M. Speltz has been appointed as the company's VP, COO. Speltz most recently served as the company's VP business development and supply chain.