- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Brookstone preparing to file bankruptcy; eyes acquisition by Spencer’s
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Brookstone files Chapter 11; seeks sale to Spencer’s
New York City -- Borders Group said objections from creditors are irrelevant because the company’s liquidation means it will not carry on any contracts with business partners, Bloomberg reported.
Borders is due to seek court approval Thursday to liquidate its 399 remaining stores. The approximate 99 objections from creditors should be overruled, the company said in court papers, as it does not plan to keep or transfer any contracts or leases, the report said.