- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Cybersecurity and HVAC: Are You Vulnerable?
New York City -- Macy’s said Thursday that it will open a full-line Bloomingdale’s in Glendale Galleria in Glendale, Calif., in fall 2013.
The 120,000-sq.-ft., two-level store will headline an upscale redevelopment of the center being planned by its owner, General Growth Properties. The top two floors of the former Mervyn’s location will be entirely remodeled by Bloomingdale’s, with construction expected to begin in 2012.
“Glendale Galleria will be our eighth store in the market,” said Michael Gould, chairman and CEO of Bloomingdale’s. “Much like Bloomingdale’s stores in Soho and Santa Monica, we expect our assortment and shopping experience in Glendale will be carefully edited for the community and customer.”