- Bloomingdale’s CEO Michael Gould retiring; to be replaced by Tony Spring
- Express debuts outlet store format; will open 30 by year-end
- Tanger and WS to partner on Cheshire, Conn., outlet center
- StreetMac to manage recapitalized Stratford Square Mall
- Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s to anchor new Mall at Miami Worldcenter
Cincinnati -- Macy’s on Monday said it will open three Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores in the fall. The new locations will join the first four Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores opened in fall 2010 when the concept was launched.
The new Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores, which will range from 25,000 sq. ft. to 24,000 sq. ft. are scheduled to open in the following shopping centers with an upscale outlet store focus: Miromar Outlets, Estero, Fla.; Wrentham Village Premium Outlets, Wrentham, Mass.; and Woodfield Village Green, Schaumburg, Ill.
“Our first four outlet stores have helped us to learn this business and refine our merchandising and in-store presentation said Michael Gould, chairman and chief executive officer of Bloomingdale’s. “We continue to see opportunity for growth, and these three new locations will help us to extend the geographic reach of Bloomingdale’s Outlets and introduce the concept to new customers.”