- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday 2013 — Shopper Social Sentiment
- Trend Spotting for the New Year
- IBM: Physical stores will turn the tables in five years as buying local beats online
- NRF forecasts 4.1% rise in retail sales for 2014; online to grow 9% to 12%
Columbus, Ohio -- Big Lots' profit slid 21% in the first quarter, to $32.3 million from $40.7 million, but adjusted results still met Wall Street forecasts. Still, the discounter lowered its full-year revenue forecast based on the performance.
Revenue edged up 2% in the quarter, to $1.31 billion, from $1.29 billion, just missing Wall Street’s expected $1.32 billion in revenue. Same-store sales dipped 2.5%.