- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- Wal-Mart cuts profit forecast on sluggish Q2
- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Hobby Lobby wins ruling in Supreme Court
Columbus, Ohio -- Discount retailer Big Lots has named David Campisi, 57, as CEO and president of Big Lots, effective May 6. The 30-year-industry veteran most recently served as chairman and CEO of Respect Your Universe, a publicly traded company focused on premium performance apparel and equipment. Prior to that, he was an executive with The Sports Authority for nearly seven years, rising to become chairman and CEO.
"The board was attracted to David's broad base of successful merchandising experience and his collaborative leadership skills," said Jeffrey P. Berger, chairman of the nominating and corporate governance committee and leader of the board's search committee “Both of these characteristics were key to the board's search and they are believed to be paramount as Big Lots enters its next phase of growth and evolution as a company."
Campisi succeeds Steve Fishman, who announced he would retire in December 2012. Fishman is also stepping down from the Big Lots board next month.