- Retailers post strong November sales, apparel a top-performer
- Cyber Monday sales up 16% to $1.02 billion
- Many retailers fall a bit short in December; Limited and Abercrombie shine in specialty sector
- Holiday off to positive start as retailers gear up for Cyber Monday
- Retailers: Holiday sales will hinge on multichannel support
Brisbane, Calif., For the fourth quarter ended July 2, bebe Stores posted a net earnings increase 132.1% to $19.5 million, compared to $8.4 million for the same period of the prior year. Net sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2005 were $136.9 million, up 47.0% from $93.1 million reported for the fourth quarter a year ago. As previously reported, same-store sales for the quarter increased 34.2% compared to an increase of 9.0% in the prior year. “The fourth quarter and fiscal year were truly amazing with comparable-store sales increasing 34% and 26%, respectively,” said Greg Scott, bebe’s CEO.
Net earnings for the year-to-date period ended July 2, 2005, were $66.3 million, an increase of 96.2% from $33.8 million for the year-to-date period Net sales for the year-to-date period ended July 2, 2005, were $509.5 million, up 36.9% from $372.3 million reported for the year-to-date period ended June 30, 2004.
Same-store sales for the year-to-date period beginning July 1, 2004, and ending July 2, 2005, increased 25.7%.