- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
Richfield, Minn. – Best Buy is the latest major retail chain to prepare for an early start to Black Friday. More than 1,000 Best Buy stores in 47 states will open their doors at 6 p.m. Thanksgiving night and stay open till 10 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 29.
Because of laws in Maine, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, stores in those states will not open until Black Friday. A small number of additional locations across the country may have varied hours because of county or municipal laws. Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores located in shopping malls may have their hours adjusted based on the operating hours of the mall. Best Buy Mobile stores not located in malls will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving.