- Retail RoadTrip: Fall NYC
- CashStar Retailer Roundtable puts m-commerce and digital gift cards in spotlight
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Australia’s General Pants installs interactive kiosks with Epicor Retail
- MasterCard partners with Wired to offer ‘in-content purchasing’
Minneapolis – Today and tomorrow, Best Buy is running a special promotion where consumers can bring in a working iPad 2 or third-generation iPad and receive a gift card worth $200 or more depending on model and condition of the iPad. As reported by All Things D, returns must be performed at a Best Buy store location and the gift card will be good for in-store or online Best Buy purchases.
All traded-in iPads will be recycled. While Best Buy has not yet issued a formal press release, a company spokesperson told All Things D that Best Buy launched this promotion based on the success of a similar iPhone trade-in event last month and may run similar promotions in the future for devices such as the Samsung Galaxy.