- Best Buy to open 150 mobile stores in fiscal 2012
- Target reveals initial locations in Canada
- Best Buy in management shakeup; U.S. unit head to leave
- Barneys Co-Op Named Store of the Year in CSA Design Competition
- Best Buy to open hundreds of Best Buy Mobile stores, shrink footprint of big-box outlets
Minneapolis Best Buy Co. plans to more than double its store numbers in China to at least 12 by the end of 2009, according to the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune.
According to the report, the company plans to “open several hundred stores across China over time,” Robert Willett, CEO of Best Buy’s international business, said in Shanghai on Wednesday at the opening ceremony of its second store. We’re not slowing our growth.”
Best Buy will operate six outlets in Shanghai by the end of 2008.
It opened its first China location in January 2007.