- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Topshop to open Fifth Avenue flagship; four other U.S. stores
- Target makes a splash with pop-up in Grand Central Station
- Starbucks adds digital tipping to mobile payment app
- Tesco to debut F&F apparel format in U.S., with seven stores by year-end
Union, N.J. -- Bed Bath & Beyond reported Wednesday that net income for the first quarter jumped 31% to $180.6 million, compared with $137.6 million in the year-ago period.
Revenue surged 10% to $2.11 billion, and same-store sales rose 7%. Results surpassed Wall Street expectations of $2.07 billion in revenue.
Bed Bath & Beyond has raised its outlook, now expecting full-year earnings to rise 15% to 20% over last year.