- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Starbucks adds digital tipping to mobile payment app
- Target makes a splash with pop-up in Grand Central Station
- Topshop to open Fifth Avenue flagship; four other U.S. stores
- Tesco to debut F&F apparel format in U.S., with seven stores by year-end
New York City, Bed Bath & Beyond reported that its second-quarter net income rose to $145.5 million compared with $141.4 million during the year-earlier quarter. Comp-store sales rose 4.8% during the first half of 2006, compared with an increase of 4.4% a year earlier. The company said quarterly sales rose to $1.6 billion from $1.4 billion a year ago.