- Founder of Barnes & Noble to bid for chain’s retail assets
- Ackman’s Pershing Square will back Borders' bid for Barnes & Noble
- Liberty acquires 17% stake in Barnes & Noble for $204 million
- Barnes & Noble testing in-store interactive play spaces
- Barnes & Noble reports breach of customer credit data at stores
New York -- Barnes & Noble reported Tuesday that it lost $41 million in the first quarter, compared with a loss of $56.6 million in the same period last year.
Results were bolstered by sales of e-books and other digital content, said CEO William Lynch.
Overall revenue rose 2% to $1.45 billion, and same-store sales climbed 4.6%. Sales in the retail segment also rose 2% -- to $1.1 billion.