- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- CashStar Retailer Roundtable puts m-commerce and digital gift cards in spotlight
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
Boston Au Bon Pain announced Tuesday that it has plans to add a total of 100 units during the next two years in India.
The bakery and cafe chain has signed a master franchise agreement with Spencer’s Retail Ltd., the retail arm of RPG Enterprises, a $3 billion Indian conglomerate with 20 companies operating in six business sectors, including retail, power, entertainment, technology, transmission and tires.
Spencer’s is a multiformat retailer operating 400 stores in 66 cities across India.
Au Bon Pain’s menu in India will include a line of vegetarian sandwiches as well as other vegetarian items to accommodate cultural traditions and religious dietary needs.
Au Bon Pain operates more than 200 locations in the United States and abroad.