- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Motorola’s new mobile marketing platform uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology
San Francisco -- Gap will open two Athleta stores this week in Manhattan’s Upper East and Upper West side neighborhoods. The openings mark the women’s active wear brand’s entry into the East Coast market, and support Athleta’s plan to open up to 50 stores by 2013.
“Entering New York is a significant milestone for us as we aim to grow our share of the $31 billion women’s active wear market,” said Scott Key, senior vice president and general manager of Athleta.
The stores feature modern, clean designs in keeping with the urban New York City aesthetic and compliment Athleta’s catalog imagery with sleek steel and warm wood trim at the cash wraps and in the dressing room seating areas.
Additional Athleta features include free alterations in store, kiosks that link directly to the website offering customers access to additional product and sizes, and free fitness classes.
The merchandise offerings include Athleta’s collection of women’s active lifestyle apparel for yoga, running, swim, gym, hiking and skiing as other products for both athletic and everyday pursuits.