- Tesco to debut F&F apparel format in U.S., with seven stores by year-end
- Topshop to open Fifth Avenue flagship; four other U.S. stores
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
London -- A Tuesday report by Bloomberg said that the COO of Wal-Mart’s Asda supermarket unit has quit after just six months in the position.
Bloomberg, which sourced a report in the Daily Telegraph, said that Simon King, a former head of Tesco PLC’s Turkish operations, left immediately. No successor has yet been named.