- Top Consumer Trends for 2011
- J.C. Penney adopts poison pill
- Bridging the online/offline divide: Five ways to bring online presence into your store
- All retail is local: Four marketing strategies from your local politician
- Survey: Holiday sales to hit $519 billion; strongest growth will be in electronics
Seattle Amazon.com, Inc. said its 2008 holiday season was the company’s "best ever."
Amazon said more than 6.3 million items were ordered and 5.6 million units shipped during its peak day on Dec. 15.
Based on the number of items ordered, Amazon said its holiday bestsellers included the Nintendo Wii, Samsung's 52-inch LCD HDTV, the Apple iPod touch and the Blokus board game.