- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Office Depot names former Toys 'R' Us exec as executive VP of retail
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Redeveloping Retail: America’s Top Redevelopers
Delray Beach, Fla. -- Starboard Value disclosed on Monday that it has taken a 13.3% stake in Office Depot. According to a report by Reuters, the activist hedge fund now becomes the office supply retailer’s biggest shareholder.
In a letter to Office Depot CEO Neil Austrian, Starboard CEO Jeffrey Smith called for lowering expenses to improve performance.