- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
Atlanta ABC Fine Wine & Spirits said Tuesday that it has selected Manhattan Associates’ warehouse management solution from the Manhattan Scope supply chain portfolio to optimize distribution of its more than 15,000 SKUs.
ABC operates about 150 locations, a 200,000-sq.-ft. distribution center and an Internet fulfillment center. It will employ Manhattan's Warehouse Management solution, which is included in the Distribution Management solution suite.
"It was easy to handle just a few thousand SKUs without an optimized system, but when it goes from 2,000 to 6,000 items it gets tougher to manage," said Joe Hults, distribution center IT and support manager, ABC Fine Wine & Spirits. "You have to have a more holistic view of inventory and new structures to support all phases of your operation."
Following implementation, ABC began working with Manhattan to develop customized options specifically for the beverage industry in order to thoroughly optimize operations.