- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- TargetExpress format in works
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Dallas -- 7-Eleven announced that it has completed the purchase of 12 stores from Fast Track in Central North Carolina, including Winston-Salem. Terms of the agreement are not disclosed.
Remodeling of the units to transform them into 7-Eleven stores gets underway in late November and rebranding is expected to be complete by mid-February 2013.
These locations are in close proximity to another acquisition the company made earlier this year – 55 Sam's Marts locations in the greater Charlotte area –and compliments the 7-Eleven stores' expansion in the Tar Heel State.