- Helena Foulkes named president of CVS/pharmacy
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
Salisbury, N.C. -- Delhaize America said Monday it plans to convert all of its Bloom stores in North and South Carolina to the Food Lion banner, with the exception of one Bloom store in Mauldin, S.C., that will close.
According to a report by Supermarket News, the 15 Bloom locations in the Charlotte and Greenville, S.C., markets will be converted "as quickly as possible."
The company said it plans to continue expansion of the Bloom banner in the southeastern Virginia and Washington, D.C., areas, and that "efforts are underway to further strengthen the brand and poise it for continued success in these markets."